Cooking Your KellyBronze
Cooking a Kelly Bronze Turkey
Do you want your turkey moist and succulent? Well read on and follow our simple instructions for the perfect turkey........
- Allow the bird to reach room temperature before cooking
- Preheat the oven to 180'c (350'f, 160'Fan, gas mark 4)
- Place the turkey breast side down in a large roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Cooking it upside down will keep the breast meat moist as the fat deposits on the back of the bird trickle through the breast.
- Place a peeled onion in the body cavity for extra flavour and juiciness.
- Cook for the required time
- Turn the turkey over for the last 30 minutes of cooking to brown the breast.
- Season the breast of the bird then insert your free meat thermometer halfway through the thickest part of the breast. Return to the oven.
- Check every 10 minutes until the correct temperature of 65 is reached and remove from the oven
- Allow the bird to stand for 30-60 minutes before carving
KellyBronze Special Cooking Times
OVEN READY WEIGHT for Whole Birds & Crown ROASTING TIME
|3kg / 6.6lbs 1 3/4 hrs|
4kg / 8.8lbs 2 hrs
5kg / 11lbs 2 1/4 hrs
|6kg / 13.2lbs 2 1/2 hrs|
|7kg / 15.4lbs 2 3/4 hrs|
|9kg / 19.8lbs 3 1/4 hrs|
|11kg / 24.3lbs 3 3/4 hrs |
For Breast Joint
1kg 1 hr
1.5kg 11/4 hrs
2kg 11/2 hrs
For Demi Bronze
Approx 2.5kg 1 hr